EARTHQUAKE RESISTANT STRUCTURES
Subject Code : 14CSE22
IA Marks : 50
No. of Lecture Hrs./ Week : 04 Exam Hrs : 03
Total No. of Lecture Hrs. : 50 Exam Marks : 100
The objectives of this course is to make students to learn principles of engineering seismology, To design the reinforced concrete buildings for earthquake resistance. To evaluate the seismic response of the structures.
Course Outcomes: On completion of this course, students are able to
· Achieve Knowledge of design and development of problem solving skills.
· Understand the principles of engineering seismology
· Design and develop analytical skills.
· Summarize the Seismic evaluation and retrofitting of structures.
· Understand the concepts of earthquake resistance of reinforced concrete buildings.
1. Introduction to engineering seismology, Geological and tectonic features of India, Origin and propagation of seismic waves, characteristics of earthquake and its quantification – Magnitude and Intensity scales, seismic instruments. Know More